Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bridal Shower help!!?

Hi!! Does anyone have any ideas for an outside bridal shower at a park/picnic shelter. More specifically shabby-chic slightly vintage as the bride LOVES all things shabby chic. I've looked online %26amp; have not found much. Also, our budget isn't tiny but not huge so creative ideas please! The few ideas I have: For food only appetizers %26amp; such mini quiche, mini sandwiches, etc. For desserts there will be cup cake stands %26amp; cute dessert stands to put mini desserts on. Lace table clothes with flowers in vases %26amp; candelabras. As for drinks I am thinking white wine spritzers %26amp; all different size wine glasses (to go with the shabby chic theme I want some things to be mis-matchy in an appealing way). I am considering renting silver platters to put everything on and either renting china or getting all different kind of china from friends so we do not have to use paper plates. She also loves vintage so I want to add a little of the vintage feel as well. Appreciate pictures %26amp; advice, please! :) :)

Bridal Shower help!!?
I will say that shabby-chic isn't a theme I've heard much of in bridal trends! But it will definitely be unique. For the "mis-matchy" thing, I would start looking for reception-ware asap. Borrow as much decor and table items as you can from family members and friends (create an inventory with digital photos so you know exactly what people lend so that they can be returned) because that way you will get the best quality for the least amount of money. Shopping at secondhand stores (resale shops and thrift shops) is also good. Whatever you buy can always be re-donated afterward. You will need china, flatware, trays, linens and glassware.





I'd go with wildflowers, marguerites (daisies) or Gerber daisies over the more couture flowers like lilies.
Reply:can you make this into a shorter question? it's so much to read, that i can't go through it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment